Category Archives: Beauty
Moms do what they do for their kids on a daily basis without much thanks or fanfare. It comes with the territory, and you won’t find most moms complaining. When Mother’s Day rolls around each year, it is important to show the special moms in your life just how much they are appreciated for all they do.
StatisticBrain.com reports that $14.6 billion is spent on Mother’s Day for cards, flowers, and gifts. There are certainly plenty of options for showing mom that you care, but how do you come up with a unique approach that shows you care on a personal level?
Before you go out and contribute your own cash to the holiday, consider these gift ideas to make your mom feel special:
- Spa products: If you have the money, pay for a day of luxury at a local spa. If you are on a tighter budget, buy her upscale versions of her favorite shampoos, bath salts, and shaving supplies. Whether you wrap up a spa gift card or a higher-ticket bottle of shaving cream, your mom is sure to have a way to escape to luxury.
- Perfume: One of the classic presents for dads is colognes that they love, yet many people do not go the same route for moms. Her favorite scent is likely a novelty purchase that she puts at the bottom of the household budget list. Surprise her with a beautifully wrapped bottle of perfume and show her that before she was a mom, she was an awesome woman who still deserves luxury items for herself.
- Wine: Not all moms drink wine, but the ones who do likely only indulge in a glass when they are out to dinner or buy whatever is on sale at the grocery store. Do a little research into her favorite flavor of wine and then pick up a mid-to-high priced version. Wrap it up with two elegant wine glasses for a beautiful presentation.
- Jewelry: What mom wouldn’t love a new necklace, earrings, or bracelet to add to her collection? Consider something mom-themed, like a piece of jewelry with the birthstones of all her children and grandchildren. You can also go with something basic and elegant that she can wear anywhere as a reminder of you.
The truth is that most moms are happy with whatever they receive this Mother’s Day, but they deserve more than the bare minimum. Take the extra steps to surprise the moms in your life with something special this year and the memories will stick with them for years to come.
We have all realized too late that we need a gift for someone–and fast! Rather than running out to the nearest store and making an impulse buy, consider keeping the following eight items on hand for gift-giving purposes.
1. A Nice Bottle of Wine. When all else fails, a mid- to high-priced bottle of wine is a universally appreciated gift. This works for holiday gatherings, housewarming parties, and even birthday get-togethers.
2. Cologne or Perfume (or both!). When you notice that perfumes and colognes are on sale in department stores or online, take advantage and buy a few bottles of each. Scents make a nice gift because people consider them a luxury and often hesitate to treat themselves to a new version.
3. Picture Frames. Keep a stash of picture frames in a variety of sizes and styles to wrap up when a simple gift is needed. If the gift is for a family member, use a one-hour photo service to put a photo inside of the frame before giving it away.
4. Travel Kits. Most people do not realize how much convenience travel kits offer until they are busy packing toothpaste and tiny bottles of shampoo into plastic bags. Travel kits come in a wide variety of options so consider buying a few that could suit several personalities.
5. Upscale toiletries. When it comes to personal hygiene, a lot of people have a pretty regimented routine. The gift of a salon-quality shampoo or ultra-rich shaving cream will not go unappreciated. Buying toiletries that are a step up from what consumers are accustomed to using lets them experience luxury without feeling guilty about the price.
6. Candles. There is always room in a home for another candle. Avoid odd colors or shapes, and stash away neutral candles instead. If you choose scented candles, avoid seasonal scents that can only be used during a certain time of year.
7. Books. When there is a sale on books near you or online, stock up on fun, coffee-table types. Pick out titles that have universal appeal and are heavy on graphics.
8. Gift cards. Stop by a popular restaurant or coffee shop and purchase a few gift cards in small denominations. Gift cards slip nicely into greeting cards and do not require any wrapping on the part of the giver. Not only are these gifts consumable, but you can use them for yourself if they get close to the expiration date.
Depending on your group of friends, there are likely more items that would make sense on this list. Save yourself the time and money of impulse gift buying and plan ahead by keeping a few smart items at home.
There are several reasons that people seek help from a plastic surgeon. Sometimes physical health is at stake, while other times a boost in appearance and self-confidence is sought. One of the most popular forms of cosmetic surgery is getting a tummy tuck. From moms with bellies stretched by pregnancy to those that want to get rid of excess skin after weight loss, getting a tummy tuck offers a solution.
- Heightened self-image. When people lose a significant amount of weight, they want to show off their new bodies. This can be a problem when loose skin or stretch marks are part of the picture. Unlike liposuction, a tummy tuck does not remove fat but excess skin. This leads to better confidence and a higher feeling of self-worth. Numerous studies have linked attractive people with higher success in life and many experts believe this has more to do with confident attitude than actual aesthetics. Do not underestimate the power of a positive view of your body.
- Better fitting clothing. Even covered up, excess skin can lead to a drop in attractiveness. This obviously affects wearing a bathing suit but can even cause a problem in everyday wear. Shirts that fit in the upper arm area may be too short in areas where excess and loose skin leads to a bumpy or pudgy look. One of the greatest rewards of weight loss is buying a new wardrobe and a tummy tuck can make those new clothes look even better.
- Motivation to stay fit. After seeing the stunning results of a tummy tuck, people often want to maintain their new and improved physique. This generally leads to routine exercise and better choices when it comes to food and drink. Healthier habits are established by people that appreciate the great way they look and feel following weight loss and a cosmetic procedure like a tummy tuck.
When you decide to move forward with a cosmetic procedure, remember to consult a professional plastic surgeon early on. Find out what options are available to you based on what you would like to improve and then consider what the best choice may be for you. The road to satisfaction with the way you look is a long one, but with some determination and professional guidance, a better self-image is possible.
It seems that celebrities are always under public scrutiny. Just glance over the magazine covers in the grocery checkout line and you will see that the life of a celebrity is not always glamorous. It is easy to criticize these elevated members of society but there are some things they do that serve as good examples to the rest of us.
Exude confidence. Have you ever known a celebrity who was not completely in love with his or her own reflection? While some might call this narcissism, there is certainly something to be said of self-confidence. Even when they make mistakes, celebrities do not usually go into hiding. They are back the next day on the red carpet, partying at the hottest clubs or on the talk-show circuit promoting their latest film, music, or television efforts. The lesson here for average people is to own your whole self–mistakes included–and act confidently in all situations.
Put themselves first. It has been noted that celebrities like Madonna make acts of self-improvement, like exercise, a priority every single day. Most will not sign a movie or music contract until all of their demands are included in the terms (think J-Lo and the requirement of green M&Ms in her dressing room). While most non-celebrities cannot act like a diva and expect to get very far in life, there is still a lesson to be learned here. Remembering to put ourselves first from time to time is important to physical, mental, and emotional health.
Maintain looks. Call it vanity if you’d like, but the act of staying attractive leads to higher levels of happiness for all people–celebrities included. Whether they seek out breast augmentation or lip injections, celebrities are often not afraid to give their good looks a boost. Getting a facelift or hiring a personal trainer are just a few of the ways celebrities invest in their attractiveness. Most average people have a much smaller budget for looking good, but can find affordable exercise and cosmetic surgery options.
Use fame for good. Not all celebrities excel in this area, but many are very good at using the spotlight that follows them to highlight social or human interest issues. Consider super-celeb Angelina Jolie who has served as a Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations and brought exposure to the plight of children across the world. Most celebrities are happy to give back and use their fame for admirable purposes. Though non-celebs may not have as much fame to levy, they can still make a difference in small ways that add up.
As the New Year approaches, people find themselves looking to the past and identifying ways they can better themselves in the future. A New Year’s resolution is a commitment a person makes to personal goals, creating new habits or undertaking a project. About 40% of Americans set resolutions, and here are five of the most popular:
Looking better is one of the top resolutions set in the U.S. and more people than ever are seeking the help of a plastic surgeon to get breast implants or have a liposuction procedure performed. Enhancing the physique gives people confidence is an important part of overall happiness.
In addition to surgery, important factors are regular exercise, and a healthy diet. Moving more and eating less can help you shed unwanted pounds so you look and feel better. Make regular exercise a part of your lifestyle. Try new, healthy foods that you enjoy.
Volunteerism takes numerous forms, from mentoring a child to building a house. If helping others is a New Year’s resolution of yours, you’re in luck. Nonprofit organizations are everywhere and are always eager for dedicated and trustworthy volunteers. If you cannot spare the time, donate items around the house you no longer need rather than throwing them away. Search online for a list of nonprofit organizations in your area.
Say Good-Bye to Debt
If money is a big source of stress in your life, you are far from alone. Millions of Americans resolve to spend the upcoming year lowering or eliminating their debt. Get a handle on your finances. It will repay itself in more ways than one in the upcoming years. Talk with a financial professional for assistance.
Enjoy Your Life
Millions of Americans lead stressful and busy lives, making this resolution popular in recent years. Managing stress levels is important in more ways than one; it’s essential for a happy and healthy you. Take time to enjoy things you love, and identify and try to eliminate stress from your life. Look online for ideas of recreational hobbies to try in your area.
Learn Something New
The New Year is a good time to learn something, big or small. Maybe you are contemplating a new language or career, or hope to learn how to use a new phone app or how to sew? Whether you are signing up for an educational course or following directions from a book, you will see that further education is an easy and rewarding resolution you can stick with. Learning something new is fulfilling and creates a good balance in your life. There is nothing better than the feeling of accomplishment.
This New Year you are probably hoping to make some changes, both big and small. It is ingrained in people to constantly want to better themselves in all aspects of their lives, and something about the turning of the calendar page inspires goal setting. This New Year, make some enhancement to look and feel better than ever with these plastic surgery ideas:
This procedure increases a woman’s breast size using implants. Augmentation results in fuller breasts or restored tissue. Of the many procedures performed in the United States, breast augmentation is the leading cosmetic surgery. For many women, breast augmentation boosts confidence. Some patients seek out breast augmentation to adjust the size after changes in weight or pregnancy, or to improve breast symmetry.
When thinking of youth and beauty, people picture plump lips. With age, lips thin out due to a decrease in collagen. Lips also wrinkle over time as a result of aging or smoking, taking a toll on one’s confidence. Lip augmentation has the ability to give you younger and fuller lips that will provide a perfect pout in the New Year. Ideal candidates for augmentation include those with lips that are asymmetrical, thin, wrinkled, or in need of reconstruction.
As people age, the skin of the face loses its elasticity, resulting in wrinkling and drooping. Unfortunately, the face is the region of the body that shows aging first due to stress, sun damage and other factors that cause deep creases in the skin. A facelift can help people who suffer from signs of aging, smoothing the skin for a more youthful appearance. This plastic surgery can make people look up to ten years younger, as the procedure tightens muscles in your face and neck while rejuvenating the skin.
Otoplasty is a surgery done to change the appearance of the ears. This surgery is performed to reduce the size of ears, or set them closer to the head for a natural and balanced shape. People of all ages experience a significant boost in self-esteem by correcting the position or shape of the ear.
A strong jaw line is one of the most desirable parts of one’s face, on a subconscious level. A chin augmentation can create a strong jaw line, strengthening the appearance of a weak or receding chin. This procedure creates a balanced profile and leads to harmony among all of the facial features for a more attractive look. By increasing its projection, chin implants also provide a natural-looking separation of the face and the neck.
Whatever plastic surgery options you pursue, look forward to higher self-esteem in the New Year and beyond. A boost in confidence has the potential to positively affect every other aspect of your life. If you have been considering plastic surgery options, take the next step forward and make the improvements that you deserve.
The frequency in which people are choosing to alter their breast tissue is growing more rapidly than ever. Implants are used to re-create the size and feel of a breast after a mastectomy, to correct congenital defects, or for aesthetic augmentation. Plastic surgeons throughout the United States perform the surgery every day. There are a few different types of implants available. Let’s explore the cohesive breast implant.
Cohesive breast implants are filled with firm silicon gel. The gel is a soft-solid. If the implant is cut into pieces, the gel does not move and its shape remains. These implants are unlike others in that they retain their shape and are highly durable. For this reason, they are also called “gummy bear” breast implants.
- Shape Maintenance
- Cohesive breasts implants better maintain their shape than the saline solution or traditional silicone gel used in breast augmentation procedures.
- Won’t Leak
- Like any breast implant, the shell is not immune to breakage. Most implant ruptures occur along the fold of the shell. In cohesive implants, this is rarely seen. If the shell does pull back from the implant, the gel filler retains its shape and doesn’t leak into the body.
- Due to the soft-solid consistency of the implant, the gel filler does not shift around within the shell. This decreases the likelihood of the shell collapsing. Even over the long term, the shell and gel filler tend to remain intact and without the presence of folds or rippling.
Explanation of the Anatomical Shape of Cohesive Implants
Natural breast tissue projects more at the base than the top, and the implant is designed with this in mind. By creating an implant that is thinner at its top, it looks more natural and better blends in with the upper chest. Without a firm and stable filler, there is no reason to create a shape with the implant because it will be lost.
If you are experiencing sagging tissue as a result of time, age, weight fluctuation or pregnancy, you may also contemplate the breast lift. Breast lifts restore the elevation and contour of the breasts upon the chest, resulting in a proportionate bust.
Schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon to discuss any questions you may have about cohesive breast implants. Find out more about your doctor’s experience and the risks associated with the surgery. Get a full understanding about the down time and recovery linked with the procedure. It is important to understand any restrictions on activity and the wait time before returning to work and other activities.
Since 2000, the number of cosmetic surgeries performed in the U.S. has almost doubled. Minimally invasive procedures such as Botox are also steadily rising in frequency. A recent survey by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons shares its results of the most commonly performed procedures in America. Here are some of the most popular plastic surgeries:
While not always thought of as a common cosmetic surgery, ear surgery is quite popular. The surgery is performed to reshape the outer ear. People seek the surgery when the ear is too small or large, projects out far from the head, or has some other deformation.
The forehead is especially susceptible to deep wrinkles and brow furrows. With the improvement of minimally invasive procedures like injectables, the number of people seeking the surgery has decreased. But a forehead lift is the most effective for longer-term results.
Abdominoplasty, or a tummy tuck, is the removal of excess skin and fat from the abdominal region. Skin tends to remain loose after pregnancy or as a result of weight loss or aging. With the increased number of bariatric surgeries and weight loss, the number of tummy tucks is also on the rise.
The most popular of all cosmetic surgeries is the breast augmentation. Now with cohesive breast implants (a new variation of silicone implants that maintains shape even in the event of a tear), results are more realistic and safer.
The breast lift is performed to raise the breasts and restore them to their youthful placement upon the chest. The surgery aims to restore lost collagen, provide a fuller appearance, and reduce sagging with or without implants.
Rhinoplasty takes a close second as the most common cosmetic surgery. A new trend in nose reshaping is to use injectable filler to smooth out the nose’s contour instead of invasively shaving it down. This occurs on a case-by-case basis and might not work for everyone.
The process of removing fat from the body is known as liposuction. While traditional surgical liposuction is still quite popular, laser body contouring is picking up traction as an non-invasive, more convenient, and even cheaper alternative.
A popular surgery, this procedure has also declined in the last decade. Again, the impact of minimally invasive injections is likely the reason why. The face-lift is still the best option for removal of deep and sagging skin of the face and neck regions. This procedure is the second most costly plastic surgery procedure.
As a relationship grows and blossoms, endless opportunities are presented that render a present for your loved one. Holidays, birthdays or ‘just because’ are all times you may seek out a lavish gift. Remember, the time and effort count more than the price tag. Below are some classic gifts for a range of budgets that will make any woman’s heart melt.
There is not a woman in the world that won’t love a nice necklace, bracelet, or pair of earrings. If you are in a newer relationship, think about something that is meaningful. Select a piece of jewelry that showcases her birthstone. Or select a bracelet and have it engraved with a thoughtful message. If you are ready to take the relationship to the next level, San Diego engagement rings will sparkle and take her breath away.
Give your loved one a romantic get-away and spend time basking in the company of one another. Couples that travel together create a bond and memories and momentarily escape from the everyday stress of their daily lives. Travel somewhere like California and visit the beach and shop in the jewelry stores in San Diego. She can pick out a lovely piece of custom jewelry San Diego offers and remember the special trip forever.
The idea of dinner and a movie is a great one. Take it up a notch and add some romance by going to a show. An opera or symphony is a romantic gift she will love. Pick out a play with high ratings or one she’s spoken of before. Dress up if the occasion calls for it and take her to a dinner at a nice restaurant before the show.
Flowers are feminine, timeless, and always appreciated. Beautiful and vibrant colored bouquets in a lovely arrangement will make any woman smile. Pick a flower you know she loves. If you are not sure, select roses, calla lilies, or a mixed bouquet. These flowers are easy to care for and pretty. Buy flowers that come with a crystal vase that she can reuse.
Candy reflects love and its sweetness making it a classic and timeless gift for your significant other. Take some time to ponder the preference of your loved one. You may think outside of the chocolate box and put a twist on the candy you choose. A gift should reflect how much you know about someone. Let her know you pay attention to what makes her happy and choose a candy you know she enjoys.
Spirit, cheers, and dances rank at the top of cheerleading must-haves, but there are more things the squad needs to gear up for basketball season.
Your motions are crisp, you mastered a back handspring and your cheerleading uniforms make the squad look unified.
Several pieces of cheerleading equipment help you truly show your school spirit. A megaphone helps your voice carry and the sound resonate to the crowd. Select one made from your team colors. Pom poms are an essential for every cheerleader and are the perfect addition to your cheer gear. Choose a metallic style and make sure you pick a color that matches your uniform perfectly.
Bows and Ribbons
Cheerleading bows and ribbons are much more than they were in the past. The right bow gives polish to your look and makes your uniform stand out. Ribbons and bows are available in polka dot, sequin, and metallic varieties. The newest bows on the market also are created to stay firmly in place as you tumble and stunt.
Shoes are the foundation of the cheerleader. Without good shoes, you will have trouble performing at your maximum capability. Purchase a pair that complement your uniform and provide your feet and ankles with cushion and support. Several brands of cheerleading shoes on the market come with customizable color swatches to match your school colors for an additional boost of school spirit.
Cheerleading bags come in several options and styles to fit any occasion. A cheer bag is perfect for carrying your pom poms, extra hair accessories, and your warm-ups. Choose from backpacks or duffle bags, both convenient ways to carry your belongings. Get a cheer bag customized with your name in time for basketball season so you always arrive fully prepared.
Once you have your uniform, practice attire, shoes, and a bag, you must have the basics. Bodysuits, cheerleading briefs, and bras made specific for the sport are crucial to wear under your uniform. Select those made with materials to help you stay dry and allow for stretching and increased comfort.
A look that shines is something all cheerleaders aim to have. Cheerleading is a performance, and cheerleaders must look the part. Makeup, such as glittery dust, stars, or adhesive jewel stones, will give you a sparkling and fun appearance. Add some shiny lipstick and your ensemble is complete.