Monthly Archives: June 2012
The summer months are the perfect time to plan a roadtrip. The warm weather makes hitting the road easy, whether you are traveling a few hours or across the country. Being comfortable as you travel is the key to enhancing your vacation experience. For roadtrips, that means finding the best RV for sale to use on all your adventures.
Here are a few signs that it might be time for you to buy a recreational vehicle for your family:
- You rent one a few times each year. If you find that you are constantly renting an RV for excursions, it is probably time to invest in one of your own. If you think that your budget will not allow it, think again. There are many RV dealers in Florida that have reasonably priced new and used models. You can also go online and buy one from an individual seller, but it is a little more risky than using a certified RV dealer.
- You want to see the country. If your to-do list includes visiting several national parks, other tourist sites, and family members across the nation, you need an RV to do it right. Why go from hotel to hotel when you can be comfortable in Tiffin motorhomes or other popular RV brands? You can make your RV feel like a second home and have your own little spot no matter how the scenes change.
- You are retiring. With no clock to punch, the world is your oyster. Having an RV will ensure that you are ready to hit the road whenever you feel like it. Buying an RV at the beginning of your retirement will help you get the most life out of the investment. Your friends and family will appreciate it too!
- You like to tailgate. Long gone are the days when a card table and a few lawn chairs were the typical tail gate experience. Today, you will find elaborate tailgating setups, many that include an RV. You will have the tools to spend an entire day celebrating your favorite team, and lots of space for guests. No tailgate party would be complete without a grill and good food–so make sure to include those when you are planning for the big game. Hang a few team penants from the awning, and you are sure to have the most spirited setup on campus.
Summer is the perfect time of year to pack up and escape. With weather at its best across the nation, travel is much more predictable than the colder months. Even getting away from reality for a few days can provide the mid-year boost that you need to get you through to the holiday season. If you only have a few days to spare, here are a few fun weekend getaways:
- Las Vegas. Hot sun, hot shows, hot slots–how can you go wrong? Leave your car at a LAX parking center and throw caution to the wind. Go with a group of friends or make it a romantic getaway. The great thing about Las Vegas is that it is always changing, making it a good spot to visit year after year.
- Any National Park. The good news is that there is likely a National Park within driving distance of wherever you are. If you want to travel a little further, however, do some research into the places you might enjoy. Leave your car in a SFO airport parking lot and fly to any number of National Parks. Enjoy recreation activities like hiking, camping, and rafting while getting back in tune with your inner outdoorsman (or woman). Be sure to take a lot of pictures so you can revisit your trip once you are back at your desk.
- Niagara Falls. This popular tourist attraction has it all–scenic nature, family fun, and romantic activities. Niagara Falls is known for being a popular spot to get married but it is also a fun place for singles. Get away from it all by leaving your car at OAK parking and journeying across the country to this slice of American-Canadian happiness. If you have a few extra days, add on some tourist attractions nearby on the Canadian side.
- Chicago. Chicago is a world-class city year-round, but during the summer its appeal is off the charts. Visit Millenium Park for a free concert outside, or shop the stores of the Magnificent Mile. Public transportation makes it easy to visit all of the tourist spots on your list and the weekends are often full of summer festivals and fireworks. Chicago is a great spot if you have kids, but also has a steamy night life. Whether you are more interested in museums, fine dining, or theater, Chicago in the summertime is the perfect weekend getaway for every personality.
Buying a horse takes diligence on the part of the owner. There are many factors that buyers must take into account, whether they are first-time horse owners or old pros. With the right amount of research, you can find happiness with an equine friend for many years to come.
- Visit the horse. If time and money will allow it, go see the horse firsthand before buying any horse for sale. It is tough to capture the personality of an individual horse in a photograph or even a video. The price of airfare or gas is probably worth it in order to avoid higher costs down the road. Raise any concerns that you may have with the horse while you’re visiting.
- Research the seller. The key to a good investment in a horse lies in knowing the person selling it. Get background information on the seller and ask to see paperwork of his or her authenticity as a seller. You will also want to see examples of the paperwork on the horse and check photos carefully for “touch ups” intended to mislead a buyer. It can be tempting to go with a seller that presents the lowest price, but this can lead to serious long-term problems.
- Ask for a veterinarian examination. It is pretty common for buyers to request an exam from a vet before buying a horse. This is true for ponies for sale as well. However, this does not always ensure the horse is really healthy. Call the clinic where the horse will be examined and ask to see the exam form. If there are items that you feel are missing, make your own form and ask for it to be filled out as well. You may even want to enlist the help of dressage trainers in the area. Do not be afraid to ask for a second exam or a different veterinarian if you are uncomfortable.
- Discuss logistics upfront. Find out how payment will be made, how the horse will be transported and other details of the purchase right away. You may find that the cost of moving the horse and other financial responsibilities of the buyer make the purchase an ill one. By discussing the options upfront, you can avoid any issues that might surface later on. Clear communication of expectations will save you a lot of time and money as you navigate through the horse-buying process.
Whether you are looking to own a piano for your own musical pleasure or to add a decoration to your home, read on for some ways to help save money.
Many people are turning to the idea of pre-owned piano inventory to lessen the cost of their piano. Be sure to purchase a piano that is well maintained and cared for. In the realm of used Steinway pianos, model M is a popular choice. Knowing that the piano was regularly tuned is a key to saving money in the long run. A piano should typically be tuned two to four times per year based on the frequency in which it was played, or just once if it’s purpose was only for home decoration. Be sure you buy from a dealer who specializes in pianos.
Contemplate the condition of the piano before you make your purchase. From restored Steinway pianos to upright pianos, seeking one in good condition is a must when purchasing. Ask the dealer about the exposure to outdoors or if it came from a place with fluctuating temperature. These conditions could mean that the piano may require rebuilding. Other things you may look for include cabinet scratches and damage, keys that are not level or do not play, missing hammers, or other parts in the action like properly working pedals (the one on the right must work). Do not hesitate to ask the dealer any questions you may have.
Be willing to make an investment on a used piano. Free pianos from the local school or church do not always end up being inexpensive to own. They seem like a good idea to an unknowledgeable buyer, but still cost you when you have to transport it to your home. If someone is giving a piano away, that typically means that it is not working properly and you will spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars to fix it.
Wholesale discount stores normally price pianos at lower prices than large music stores. Pianos of high quality and the most sought-after brands are available at wholesale prices. This is another great route to take when looking to keep money in your bank account.
Whether you’re looking for used Steinway pianos like Model B, M, or D, or the classic vertical piano style, the perfect piano for you–and your budget–is out there if you are willing to spend a little time looking.
When you look in the mirror, you may notice that your skin is not as clear and smooth as you would like it to be. Those complexion imperfections can come from skipping your cleansing routine, stress, medications, or even using too many skin care products.
Whatever the reason may be, there are ways to get glowing and healthy looking skin before your next big outing. Below are steps to take for better skin:
Hydrate. Drink lots of water. Water is highly important for all body processes. Aim to drink a minimum of 6 glasses per day to help your skin look radiant.
Wash up. Wash your face at least one time each day. Depending on your skin type and other factors such as your job and the time of year, you may need to wash twice each day. Use warm water to open up pores. Pores are where oil and dirt accumulate and in order to remove the dirt, pores must be open. Use an oil-free cleanser and be sure to moisturize after washing, especially if you have dry skin.
Wash your hands too. Yes, this is a real step to clearer skin. You may not realize how often you touch your face during the day. Your hands and fingers are not as clean as you may think. Dirt, food particles, and bacteria you cannot see linger on your fingers and are distributed into your pores when you touch your skin. Try and create a new habit of washing your hands more frequently and touching your face less frequently.
Protect it. Dull, rough skin, and uneven skin tones are largely to blame on repeated sun exposure. Wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 that has both UVA and UVB protection. Reapply every 2 hours when you are outdoors and remember to apply sunscreen even on cloudy days.
Seek expert help. By visiting a specialist like an Acne dermatologist in Los Angeles you can meet with professionals who can help manage those unsightly breakouts. Acne dermatologists will provide both education and promote lifestyle changes to help improve skin. Spas in Beverly Hills can help get you in the clear. Make a day of it by inviting some friends and enjoy a day out on the town! Consider a consultation at a dermatology and laser center. Laser centers can help create a plan to treat many skin conditions, such as sun damage, fine lines, wrinkles, and rosacea.
The key to a healthy glow is a combination of common sense, good health habits, and a commitment to your skin–practiced day in and day out.
There are so many wonderful gifts that can come from using a photograph. Photo gifts will create memories that will last for years to come. Not only do they allow for personalization, they also show grandma and grandpa that you put a lot of effort and love into the gift.
Pictures are fun and with modern technology, it is simpler than ever to include photographs in your gift giving process. The following ideas are just a few ways to give photos as gifts:
Photo Calendars. Create a calendar for your loved ones out of photographs. You can scan the photos into your computer or go to a local store that offers that service and use a custom template. Not only can you choose the photos and captions for each month you can also customize the days of the months with birthdays, anniversaries or other family holidays. Personalized calendars make practical year-round gifts that Grandparents will truly appreciate. They just may expect to get one next year, too!
Family Photographs. Have a professional family photograph taken that you will frame and give it as a present. The photograph can be of just the family members in your home, a generational photograph (such as the men of the family or women of the family), of the grandchildren and so on. You can also have these portraits turned into a canvas print or a painting as well.
Jewelry. Custom charm bracelets will melt any grandparent’s heart. Bracelets typically come with a number of different charms that each holds a small photo. By giving a custom charm bracelet, you show grandma how much she means while adding to her jewelry collection. Show off your favorite photo with a picture necklace. Any grandparent will love wearing a photo of her grandchildren right over her heart. When choosing a creative and meaningful gift for grandma, you cannot go wrong with a photo charm necklace.
Photo Puzzles. Turn your own photos into a custom jigsaw puzzle. Jigsaw puzzles make great personalized presents for grandparents and are simple to create. Kids will love getting in on the fun when choosing the photo used for the puzzle.
Photo Books. Turn your family, holiday, or birthday photos into a keepsake as a gift for grandma and grandpa. Photo books can be easily created by using an online website. Online websites provide templates to create page layouts and also allow you to choose the color and style of the pages and the words you would like printed. This is a fantastic gift that any grandparent will cherish for many years to come.
Preparing and maintaining a gorgeous garden can be a lot of fun and a lot of work at the same time. Rodents and bad weather can make things more challenging for even the most experienced gardener. Whether you are a novice or a pro, you can enjoy these tips to help you have the most gorgeous garden in the neighborhood:
More Water Please. Watering the garden daily and in the early morning gets plants ready for the summer sun. If getting up early is hard for you, or you are lacking that time in the morning, set your sprinklers to automatic. Water is important to keep your plants hydrated and help them grow. A wilted plant in the evening is ok, but a wilted plant in the morning means you need more water.
Mulch is a must. Mulch keeps soil cool and helps protects your flowers and plants roots. Mulch is important because it also helps retain water in your soil. The hotter the temperature, the more mulch you will want to use to keep that garden looking gorgeous. Mulch also helps keep weeds at bay while improving the overall look of your landscape.
Protection from wildlife. Garden pest control will keep your garden in the best shape it can be. Deer can be problematic for many gardens. Place clear fish line 12 inches from the ground to deter deer from trampling your garden. Birds also can wreak havoc on your garden by pulling up seeds, pecking at flowers and carrying off fruit. Rodent control for those mice and rats will help keep your fruits from being nibbled and your keep your seeds in the garden where you planted them.
Seeing ants on your fruits and vegetables can be troubling. Unfortunately, ants tend to make their homes in shady places such as beneath plants in the garden. Ant removal will help keep those bothersome insects off of your prized tomatoes and lovely petunias.
Essential gardening tools. A few basic tools are essential for a gorgeous garden. A watering can, fork, spade, rake, trowels and a hand fork are all must-haves for the best-looking garden on the block. By investing in basic tools of good quality, you will have an easier and more pleasurable time maintaining your garden.
Back Again? Perennials are easy to grow and typically colorful flowers. Perennials are a popular choice because they look great from spring to fall and are low-maintenance. You will love seeing the tulips blooming and the rose buds make their appearance year after year. Perennials provide a lovely anchor to your landscaping and by planting complementary colors, your garden will have balance and interest.
Another cheerleading season is right around the corner. You’ve spent hours practicing and you want to be a step ahead this cheerleading season before it begins. So what should you do to prepare? Here are some important tips to help you get ready:
Have a positive outlook. A good attitude will go a long way. Showing enthusiasm is crucial to cheerleading. Not only is optimism helpful to the entire cheerleading squad, it is contagious.
Choose the right cheerleading apparel. Pom poms, cheerleading uniforms, warm-ups, and cheer bags all help make you the best cheerleader you can be. You want to look trendy and stylish, while also being comfortable. Proper cheerleading gear is a must-have while cheering for the team.
Perfect those motions. Practice your motions in front of a mirror. Work on making the motions crisp and sharp, but natural looking. You do not want to appear to be straining while you are doing a cheer. Check for symmetry, strength, and timing. You might be surprised to see that you’re actually not creating a perfect V with those arms, but practice makes perfect!
Jump, jump, jump. Work on those jumps. You can almost always improve your toe touch, herkie, or side hurdler. Both exercising and stretching are key components to improving your jumping technique. Use a mirror for practicing your jumps so you can see where you need to make improvements, such as keeping your back straight or pointing your toes. Enlist a jumping partner. Supporting one another’s waist can help you fine-tune your technique. Don’t forget to smile!
Have Proper Support for Your Feet. Never underestimate the importance of good cheer shoes. Your feet need support while you are out there dancing, stunting, jumping, and tumbling. The right cheer shoes will be both flexible and sturdy to help you perform your very best in front of the roaring crowd. Your feet will thank you for it.
Stunting. Bases, spotters, and fliers can all benefit from working on their strength. Exercises such as pushups and sit-ups, lifting free weights, or any exercise that strengthens your upper body will be beneficial. Of course, practicing will help you feel confident about that new stunt you cannot wait to show off during half time. Make sure you have a proper spotter and some gym mats under you, and go ahead and start building that pyramid.
Remember to stay focused. In the end all of your hard work will be worth it!
You do not want to be the only cheerleader without this season’s must-have items. All cheerleaders should have essential items to make them look and feel ready to support their school and get that crowd up on their feet.
So you have the uniform, but that is just the start. Not quite sure what else you need to complete your look from head to toe? Read on to ensure you add all the right finishing touches to your cheerleading uniform.
Hair bows and ribbons. Cheer bows are something every cheerleader should have. Adding a hair bow makes your uniform stand out and helps create a look that is full of school spirit. The perfect bow is out there to complete any look you are hoping to achieve. Bows come in many options including two-color bows, pinwheels, polka dot bows, bows with your team mascot or logo, and more. Be sure you find a hair bow that will stay in place as you jump and tumble.
Add some sparkle and shine. Colorful glitter makeup is perfect for cheerleaders. Glitter creates a look that will make you stand out in a crowd. Bold and vibrant colors of glitter and lipstick show you are serious about shining on stage. Use eye shadow and glitter in your team’s colors and you are sure to look your best whether you are on the field or performing at a national competition.
Pom poms. Another must-have is the right cheer gear, and pom poms are at the top of the list. After all, what great cheerleader does not have pom poms to enhance their uniform? The right pom poms make your dances and routines look even more full of spirit and help get that crowd on their feet.
Cheerleading shoes. Every woman knows the importance of the right shoe to complete an outfit. Choosing the right shoe for your cheerleading uniform is no exception. The shoe needs to provide support and flexibility while also complimenting your uniform with your school colors. Do not settle for less than a comfortable, fun shoe to accent your look.
Cheerleading bags. The right cheerleading bag is a great accessory to complete your cheerleading uniform. Bags are great to have to carry those pom poms to the game or your apparel to cheer competition. Cheerleading bags comes in many popular team colors and styles such as backpacks, duffle bags and fashion-style bags.
Snowboarding has quickly become one of the most popular outdoor sports in the world. Most young people first going out on the slopes have a board in hand, as opposed to skis. High-speed tricks, fashion, and challenges meet on the slopes when snowboarders are in numbers.
The cost of the sport is well known. Between paying for slope time and buying the actual snowboards and equipment, it can be an expensive hobby. For those who are die-hards and simply do not want to find a cheaper activity, there are some ways to track down snowboarding gear at a discount. Here are a few tips on the best ways to do it.
- Shop in the off season. The average snowboard shop drastically slashes prices in the summer months to try to promote sales. Even if the idea of snowboarding is months into your future, look into getting the gear early. You’ll be able to buy more for your money and save the extra cash for slope fees. You will likely have your pick of sizes and styles when you shop during the off season months.
- Buy last season’s style. The snowboarding fashion that was hot last season still works just as well this season. Look for items like snowboard boots that are discontinued by the manufacturer. Find the goggles that you need on a sales rack. Walk past the first rows of new merchandise to the older gear sitting towards the back of the store. You can also click the “clearance” tab with online retailers. Waiting for items to go on sale or clearance is a great way to build your snowboarding wardrobe.
- Buy it secondhand. You can find quality snowboard gear from secondhand retailers or individual sellers. Never buy an item without having the chance to see it first and be sure that there is a good return policy in case it is not up to par. Other snowboarders generally like to switch out gear every few seasons and you can benefit from their castoffs.
- Build gradually. It may not save you a whole lot of money overall, but by purchasing your snowboarding gear in pieces, you will not spend as much upfront. This is a way to buy the highest quality of items without breaking the bank. Make a priority list of the items that you want to have in your snowboarding wardrobe and check them off as you go down the list. Before long, you will have all the gear that you need for a respectable snowboarding career.